Narkotyki

Czy zażywasz/zażywałeś narkotyki?

• Nigdy ( w tym może być jeden kilka razy w życiu, po prostu aby spróbować jak z fajkami )

Votes: 44 55,7%
  • Sporadycznie ( od imprezy do imprezy )

Votes: 15 19,0%
  • Regularnie, jestem uzależniony

Votes: 4 5,1%
  • Kiedyś regularnie, obecnie w ogóle nie

Votes: 5 6,3%
  • Kiedyś sporadycznie, obecnie w ogóle nie

Votes: 11 13,9%

• Total voters

FatBantha

sprzedawca niszowych etosów
Członek Załogi
8 902
25 736
Jak się już mocno zataczasz, to trudno ci pigułki ze stołu zebrać.

tolep

five miles out
8 555
15 441
I w jaki niby sposób MDMA ma leczyć z alkoholizmu? Jaki jest mechanizm?

Nie mam pojęcia. Ale słyszałem ostatnio o pewnym spotkaniu, gdzie większość użyła niewielkich dawek MDMA (w doooolnej strefie stanów średnich) i wyglądało to tak, że 10-11 facetów w barze, między 20:30 a 3:30 wypiło w sumie 2 litry wódki i parę piw (za to baaardzo dużo coli)

Poza tym, jeden kolega mi mówił, że jak walnie sobie pigułę ecstasy albo kryształ, praktycznie traci zainteresowanie alkoholem. Piwo wypije, ale tylko po to żeby uzupełnić płyny.

Więc osobiście byłbym skłonny przypuszczać, że to może jakoś działać.

tolep

five miles out
8 555
15 441
World's first trials of MDMA to treat alcohol addiction set to begin
Imperial College London scientists expect to give first dose in the next two months alongside psychotherapy

‘We know MDMA works really well in helping people who have suffered trauma and it helps to build empathy,’ said Ben Sessa. Photograph: RM/Alamy Stock Photo
Shares
Comments

Hannah DevlinScience correspondent

@hannahdev
Friday 30 June 2017 17.55 BSTLast modified on Friday 30 June 2017 20.47 BST

Doctors in Bristol are set to begin the world’s first clinical study into the use of MDMA to treat alcohol addiction.

Researchers are testing whether a few doses of the drug, in conjunction with psychotherapy, could help patients overcome addiction more effectively than conventional treatments. The small trial was granted ethical approval a few weeks ago and the team expects to give the first dose of MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy pills, within the next two months.

Ben Sessa, a clinical psychiatrist on the trial and senior research fellow at Imperial College London said: “We know that MDMA works really well in helping people who have suffered trauma and it helps to build empathy. Many of my patients who are alcoholics have suffered some sort of trauma in their past and this plays a role in their addiction.”

Breaking Convention conference in London. “The chances of relapse for these patients are really high – 90% at three years. No one has ever given MDMA to treat alcoholism before.”

After the patients have undergone physical detox, they will be given two standard therapy sessions without the drug, followed by an all-day session where they are given a high dose of MDMA in capsule form. During this session they will spend some time talking to a therapist and some time lying down with an eyemask in a state of quiet meditation.

Sessa said the only thing delaying the start of the trial was the delivery of the drug to the hospital after a lengthy manufacturing and testing process, designed to ensure the drug is 99.99% pure.

“We earmarked £3,500 for our 12g of MDMA [but] we are now looking at £62,000 for the 12g,” he said.

Sessa said a misconception is that the treatment is “all about the drug”. “It’s using drugs to enhance the relationship between the therapist and the patient, and it allows us to dig down and get to the heart of the problems that drive long-term mental illness,” he said.

The trial, led by scientists at Imperial College London, will aim to assess the safety of the treatment and give a preliminary indication of whether the therapy might hold therapeutic promise.

It comes at a time of rapidly increasing interest in the use of psychedelics in medicine. One US study published last year produced remarkable results when people with advanced cancer who were suffering depression and anxiety were treated with a single high dose of psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms. In 80% of cases, the patients’ condition improved and the effects endured for six to eight months.

Another US team, which has now been given approval to push ahead with a phase-three trial, found that MDMA-enhanced therapy was highly effective for treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in veterans. In Britain, several teams are investigating the potential of using ketamine to erase addiction-related memories.

“This is not a fringe subject, it’s careful, methodical, extremely rigorous science,” said Sessa.

Others were less enthusiastic, however. Ed Day, a senior clinical lecturer at the National Addiction Centre at King’s College London, said that a priority should be restoring funding to frontline addiction services. “Psychedelics are fascinating substances, and have a range of effects that we are nowhere near understanding,” he said.

“Research would be welcome, but it is likely that the benefits would come in treating problems such as post-traumatic stress or severe depression, rather than drug problems per se. I wouldn’t want this issue to distract from the real problems facing drug and alcohol treatment services in England at the moment.”

vast

2 745
5 808
No nie może, bo mówimy o alkoholizmie, czyli uzależnieniu fizycznym a nie tylko psychicznym. Wątpię aby komuś się chciało pić alkohol po strzale hery, czy oznacza to, że heroina leczy z alkoholizmu? To jedynie robienie substytucji haju i nic więcej.

Jaranie zioła może dla przykładu pomóc komuś rzucić palenie szlugów, ale przecież nie jest to żaden lek a jaranie gandzi to nie terapia.

vast

2 745
5 808
World's first trials of MDMA to treat alcohol addiction set to begin
Imperial College London scientists expect to give first dose in the next two months alongside psychotherapy

‘We know MDMA works really well in helping people who have suffered trauma and it helps to build empathy,’ said Ben Sessa. Photograph: RM/Alamy Stock Photo
Shares
Comments

Hannah DevlinScience correspondent

@hannahdev
Friday 30 June 2017 17.55 BSTLast modified on Friday 30 June 2017 20.47 BST

Doctors in Bristol are set to begin the world’s first clinical study into the use of MDMA to treat alcohol addiction.

Researchers are testing whether a few doses of the drug, in conjunction with psychotherapy, could help patients overcome addiction more effectively than conventional treatments. The small trial was granted ethical approval a few weeks ago and the team expects to give the first dose of MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy pills, within the next two months.

Ben Sessa, a clinical psychiatrist on the trial and senior research fellow at Imperial College London said: “We know that MDMA works really well in helping people who have suffered trauma and it helps to build empathy. Many of my patients who are alcoholics have suffered some sort of trauma in their past and this plays a role in their addiction.”

Breaking Convention conference in London. “The chances of relapse for these patients are really high – 90% at three years. No one has ever given MDMA to treat alcoholism before.”

After the patients have undergone physical detox, they will be given two standard therapy sessions without the drug, followed by an all-day session where they are given a high dose of MDMA in capsule form. During this session they will spend some time talking to a therapist and some time lying down with an eyemask in a state of quiet meditation.

Sessa said the only thing delaying the start of the trial was the delivery of the drug to the hospital after a lengthy manufacturing and testing process, designed to ensure the drug is 99.99% pure.

“We earmarked £3,500 for our 12g of MDMA [but] we are now looking at £62,000 for the 12g,” he said.

Sessa said a misconception is that the treatment is “all about the drug”. “It’s using drugs to enhance the relationship between the therapist and the patient, and it allows us to dig down and get to the heart of the problems that drive long-term mental illness,” he said.

The trial, led by scientists at Imperial College London, will aim to assess the safety of the treatment and give a preliminary indication of whether the therapy might hold therapeutic promise.

It comes at a time of rapidly increasing interest in the use of psychedelics in medicine. One US study published last year produced remarkable results when people with advanced cancer who were suffering depression and anxiety were treated with a single high dose of psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms. In 80% of cases, the patients’ condition improved and the effects endured for six to eight months.

Another US team, which has now been given approval to push ahead with a phase-three trial, found that MDMA-enhanced therapy was highly effective for treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in veterans. In Britain, several teams are investigating the potential of using ketamine to erase addiction-related memories.

“This is not a fringe subject, it’s careful, methodical, extremely rigorous science,” said Sessa.

Others were less enthusiastic, however. Ed Day, a senior clinical lecturer at the National Addiction Centre at King’s College London, said that a priority should be restoring funding to frontline addiction services. “Psychedelics are fascinating substances, and have a range of effects that we are nowhere near understanding,” he said.

“Research would be welcome, but it is likely that the benefits would come in treating problems such as post-traumatic stress or severe depression, rather than drug problems per se. I wouldn’t want this issue to distract from the real problems facing drug and alcohol treatment services in England at the moment.”

Czyli liczą po prostu na działanie psychoterapeutyczne i nic więcej.

To mogliby już lepiej im grzybów dać, lepszy efekt i o wiele zdrowiej i bezpieczniej.

tolep

five miles out
8 555
15 441
A, tak jak myślałem, czyli to jest to coś co powoduje fizyczne objawy przy odstawieniu, a leczy się detoksem. W sumie widziałem takiego jednego gościa przez dłuższy czas - pracowałem z nim w jednym wydziale. Doszedł do półtora litra wódki dziennie i przy tym "jakoś" funkcjonował", tj. przychodził do roboty. Z tym że miał problemy z otwarciem pierwszego piwa z rana.

W tym badaniu chcą traktować MDMA dwudziestu "heavy drinkerów" (ekwiwalent 5 butelek wina dziennie, czyli litra wódki) po uprzednim detoksie. I tak interesujące.

A kolega o którym wspomniaem wcześniej, traci zainteresowanie alkoholem po takiej dawce MDMA, która euforii w ogóle nie powoduje, lub powoduje ją w minimalnym stopniu. I efekt ten trwa dużo dłużej niż możnaby oczekiwać biorąc pod uwagę farmakokinetykę. I głównie dlatego uważam te badania za potencjalnie rozwojowe.

D

Deleted member 4683

Moim zdaniem MDMA kompletnie nie posiada potencjału "przeciwuzależnieniowego". Alkoholik dąży do poprawy samopoczucia. W tym kontekście zastąpienie alko kryształem to tylko zmiana sposobu zaspokojenia tego pragnienia. W wyniku takiej zamiany otrzymujemy człowieka który co prawda nie rzyga i nie śmierdzi wczorajszą przetrawką ale nadal dotknięty jest tym samym starym problemem. Nadal "czegoś potrzebuje" żeby funkcjonować albo żeby poczuć się OK. Zabrzmi to chujowo ale uważam, że potencjał leczniczy, czyli potencjał faktycznej zmiany priorytetów mają tylko bad tripy. Naprawdę Zły Trip w trakcie którego w nieskończenie bolesny sposób zdajesz sobie sprawę jak wszystko spierdoliłeś, jak bardzo marnujesz drogocenne życie, krzywdzisz siebie i innych, rozprzestrzeniasz podłość - taki trip który wryje ci się w mózg i nie zapomnisz go do końca życia - to moim zdaniem jedyny ( jeśli chodzi o środki psychoaktywne ) sposób przestawienia psychiki nałogowca. W ogóle jestem sceptyczny co do terapeutycznych mocy dragów, ale w ewentualnym procesie leczniczym stawiałbym raczej na tzw. "zwały" niż fajne jazdy z których pamiętasz tylko tyle, ze było zajebiście i "wszystko ogarniałeś"

Ostatnio edytowane przez moderatora:

tolep

five miles out
8 555
15 441
Hmmm... kolega o którym mowa wcześniej, ostatnio przyjął mdma w poprzedni czwartek. Wczoraj po południu kupił sobie czteropak żywca, z czego wypił półtora puszki, pozostałe pół wylał, a dwie leżą w lodówce do teraz. Latem.

Takie rzeczy nie zdarzały mu się wcześniej. Not even close.

Wszystko to anegdotyczne, wiem, tak jak ten przykład z imprezą w pubie. Ale tylko wspiera moje przekonanie, że coś potencjalnie w tym może być.

pawel-l

Ⓐ hultaj
1 912
7 920
Namiętnym użytkownikiem Vin Mariani był papież Leon XIII, który zasłynął encykliką Rerum novarum. Jak wyjaśnia prof. Vetulani, Vin Mariani było ekstraktem liści koki w czerwonym winie i zawierało do 100 mg czystej kokainy w kieliszku. A więc jedno z największych dzieł myśli społecznej Kościoła, wprowadzające idee chrześcijańskiej polityki społecznej jako odpowiedzi zarówno na marksizm, jak i dziki kapitalizm, było stworzone przez wspaniały mózg dodatkowo stymulowany kokainą!
Autor: Adam Robiński
Źródło: Opiaty i cała reszta, „National Geographic Polska”, kwiecień 2013, s. 122.

tolep

five miles out
8 555
15 441
Namiętnym użytkownikiem
wspaniały mózg dodatkowo stymulowany kokainą!

Dyskusyjne, na jakim poziomie jest kokainowe pobudzenie u namiętnego użytkownika takiego wina. Tolerancja na kokainę buduje się AFAIK dużo szybciej niż na alkohol, który jest w takim winie depresantem.
100 mg to niewielka kreska nawet jak dla początkującego, dodatkowo biodostępność kokainy przyjmowanej tą droga wynosi średnio jakieś 30%, czyli według przeważającej części źródeł wyraźnie mniej niż innymi drogami.

vast

2 745
5 808
było ekstraktem liści koki w czerwonym winie i zawierało do 100 mg czystej kokainy w kieliszku.

Co za kretyn to pisał? Przeciętny kieliszek ma z reguły 50 ml, rozumiem, że był to roztwór 100mg kokainy w 50 ml etanolu?

Na wiki jest napisane, że napój zawierał 6 mg kokainy na 1 fl oz. Czyli w jednym kieliszku mogło być z 12 mg kokainy. Śmieszna ilość, początkowa dawka przy waleniu w kabel to jakieś 40 mg. Prędzej ci się film urwie niż się tym naćpasz.

Dyskusyjne, na jakim poziomie jest kokainowe pobudzenie u namiętnego użytkownika takiego wina.

Chyba raczej bezdyskusyjne. Pobudzenie będzie niezauważalne.

Do góry Bottom