Muzyka z gier i filmów

tosiabunio

Grand Master Architect
Członek Załogi
6 980
15 141
Gra Darklight Conflict (1997). Taki przyjemny space combat sim, ale najfajniejsza była w nim muza.

246520-darklight-conflict-dos-screenshot-ship-exploding-against-the.png

FatBantha

sprzedawca niszowych etosów
Członek Załogi
8 902
25 736
Po nieudanym "The Last Jedi" trzeba było jakoś odreagować tę całą napływającą agresję... Na przykład interpretacją klasycznego marszu imperialnego na perce w wykonaniu Granta McFarlanda:
Inne williamsowe covery.
Moim ulubionym kawałkiem z całych Gwiezdnych wojen jest i już chyba pozostanie - "The Asteroid Field". Wiyncyj modulacji trytonów, kurwa! Wiyncyj dezorientacji, wiyncyj osłupienia! Muzyka rzeczywiście godna ilustracji pościgu przez wyjątkowo niebezpieczne otoczenie, w którym śmierć może na bohaterów czyhać na każdym kroku.

http://www.aplvblog.com/2013/07/john-williams-asteroid-field.html

The open strokes in the cellos set both pace and scene, with the star destroyers in hot pursuit of the Millennium Falcon. These strokes then proceed at first just underneath plucked strings, then underneath triplets in the flutes, then with splashes of brass. This slow, soft opening, the drift into the asteroid field, is then smashed by a forte unison whose exclamatory effect is amplified by the cymbals which seem to splatter the energy throughout space, an effect which is picked up and maintained by the reverberation of the percussion's angular theme. Next the brass enters, all halting and herky-jerky like the rickety Falcon hurtling through space.

Now we're flying every which way. :)20) First the brass throbs along, hurrying and fleeing past the cymbal's starbursts and around the percussion's twisty theme, given torsion and tension in the strings. :)40) Then way up in the orchestra debris starts to whistle by. At :)55) the brass seems as if it's about to break away but it settles into an equally hasty, nervous version of its figure. (1:05) Next the strings get carried away in a torrent of rising frenzy but at (1:12) the brass reasserts itself with a slowly crescendoing figure whose last note bursts with a clash of cymbals. Asteroid field indeed.

(1:20) Here the brass is back but the tension remains as the percussion frenzies away until the winds puff along a stubborn version of the percussion's first theme. At last the strings snatch up the theme and spin it into a sprawling brass forte theme (1:36) which soars gloriously through the stars.

(2:00) We are all rhythmic variation here, building and prolonging the tension until the next swooning release of the main theme, which comes not at the false climax of (2:25) but at (3:16) with more fanfare than ever. Here, the concert ending vanishes into miniature scampering and a final crash whereas the film version flows into Williams' gliding, celestial theme, warm and atop on the winds, which plateaus the tension of the movement.

In conclusion, The Asteroid Field is one of Williams' most exciting and effective pieces, with rhythm and instrumentation so effectively complementary that the effect is downright visceral. A triumph of suspense, and vitality, the work is suited to its visual counterpart that the cinematic combination strikes the primeval spot between terror and wonder from where we look, ever childlike, upon a grand, wide horizon.
A teraz zagrajcie to po rockowemu!

:D

FatBantha

sprzedawca niszowych etosów
Członek Załogi
8 902
25 736
Wreszcie! Wreszcie ktoś był w stanie ująć istotę stylu Williamsa i rozbić na części charakter jego motywów. Słuchałem już wielu analiz, które albo grzęzły w technicznej szczegółowości, albo były ogólnikowymi peanami bez faktycznego miąższu informacyjnego. W końcu ktoś to trafnie ujął...

Tak, tam jest obecne stałe balansowanie między ładowaniem i rozładowywaniem napięcia. W sumie to, nic nowego - wszak wpływ romantyzmu, ale u Williamsa działa to nawet w mikroskali - już na poszczególnych tematach, melodiach.

Trochę jak z pisaniem tekstu. Początek powinien nurtować i majaczyć obietnicą jakiegoś spełnienia, aby ludzie chwytali haczyk. Rozwinięcie - przynieść punkt kulminacyjny i emocjonalne szczytowanie. Zakończenie powinno rozładować całe napięcie w wybranym kierunku. Tylko, że u Williamsa to działa już na poziomie poszczególnych muzycznych "zdań"! Genialne! (W tekście można to robić na przestrzeni kilku zdań, na ogół akapitów - muzyka ma jednak znaczną przewagę w zwięzłości, o ile potrafi się ją robić...)

Statement & Answer z tego filmiku to najlepsze podsumowanie charakteru twórczości mojego ulubionego Żyda od filmów.

A tu chyba jest najbardziej dosadny materiał, który pokazuje podstawowy atut opierania soundtracków na motywach, zwłaszcza jeśli chcemy, aby widzowie emocjonalnie wiązali się z postaciami.

No i na koniec, muzyczne onomatopeje - ale to jest akurat dość częste, tak w ogóle.

Cały kanał Inside the Score jest zacny - polecam.

Do góry Bottom