Ciekawostki historyczne i inne drobiazgi bez większego znaczenia

ckl78

1 881
2 035
3 - letni kominiarz.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlPUzXb0_4U

Doctor and writer Percivall Pott made the astute connection between soot and scrotal cancer, known then as the chimney sweep's cancer.

There is a different disease peculiar to a certain set of people which has not . been publicly noticed. I mean the chimney sweep's cancer. It is a disease which makes its first appearance on the inferior part of the scrotum, where it produces a painful, ragged, ill-looking sore. The trade call it the soot wart. I never saw it under the age of puberty which is, I suppose, one reason why it is generally taken by both patient and surgeon for venereal, and being treated with mercurials. In no great length of time it penetrates the skin ... and seizes the testicle . and when arrived at the abdomen it affects some of the viscera, and becomes painfully destructive. The fate of these people is singularly hard: in their early infancy they are most frequently treated with great brutality and they are almost starved with hunger and cold. They are then thrust up narrow, and sometimes hot, chimneys where they are bruised, burned and almost suffocated; and when they get to puberty, become peculiarly liable to a most noisome, painful and fatal.

ckl78

1 881
2 035
28 maja 2008 roku Dianne Odell zmarła na skutek awarii prądu zasilającego jej żelazne płuco. Pacjentka spędziła w nim prawie 60 lat po tym jak zachorowała we wczesnym dzieciństwie na polio.

Oddział żelaznych płuc z umieszczonymi w środku chorymi na polio.

1645261426463.png

ckl78

1 881
2 035
One wheel motorcycle, invented by italian M. Goventosa de Udine, with a maximum speed of 150 kilometers per hour, 1931

1648151403410.png

Do góry Bottom