Grand Master Architect
- 6 815
- 14 179
So the simple-minded story is that Norway is some great socialist state yet its economy is humming along just nicely. Let me summarize its real keys to prosperity.
- A tiny, non-diverse, predominantly white and Christian population.
- Drilling in its ocean for oil to become one of the biggest oil exporters on the planet, and thebiggest by far on a per capita basis, all during a time when oil prices quintupled.
- Letting its carbon footprint grow at one of the fastest paces in Europe, a pace almost five times faster than the U.S.'s.
- Shrinking its government spending, the equivalent to the U.S. federal government cutting its spending in half over 16 years. Shrinking its government spending to about the level of the U.S.'s, and smaller than most of Europe's.
- A tax system that is flatter than flat; it is regressive -- the rich pay less than the non-rich.